RISKS of doing business with an unknown Flat Fee MLS company
1. Many flat fee MLS discount listing companies are not real estate brokerage firms
but are marketing companies or “websites” that will hand off your MLS listing to a third party broker and from that point on are "out of the loop" in terms of what happens to your listing. This website takes part of your money and the balance (about half) goes to an unknown broker that MIGHT answer the phone; MIGHT forward buyer leads.
When Realtor.com or Homes.com prospects email the broker of record (the hand-off broker) a request for more information about your listing, what system does that broker have in place to handle these requests? Likely, they have NONE!
The ADDvantage Way…
ADDvantage Real Estate Services is a licensed real estate brokerage in the State of Florida.
We input and maintain your MLS listing OURSELVES.
All clients use the getmoreoffers.com website & listing software to manage their accounts.
ADDvantage's Lead Capture™ system ensures that all leads get to you immediately. »more
As a client you will be able to log in on getmoreoffers.com to make changes to your listing, upgrade services, print brochures, store lockbox codes, schedule events, upload documents and much more-all from your personalized section on our website.
2. If the price seems too good to be true, then it probably is!
- MLS board memberships are expensive and require ongoing fees.
- Realtor.com “Showcase” is extremely costly ($3,300-$30,050 per year for multiple listings!)
- If these dues are not kept up, your listing could be at risk as well as the money you paid for it.
- Also, price correlates with service CHOOSE WISELY!
- Many flat fee companies have popped up over the last year. It is easy to throw up a website offering cheap MLS listings. However, it is important to understand that companies new to this industry may not be prepared for the true cost to maintain this type of business. Cheap is cheap…Recently, a domain name hosting website known as “Registerfly.com” (a cheap reseller of domain names) lost their license to operate because of bad service. However, in the MLS flat fee industry, there is no watch dog to monitor bad service. It truly is Caveat Emptor; "Let the buyer beware." Thus it is your sale that is at risk.
- It is important that the flat fee company you choose to list your property is available by phone. Inevitably, buyers will contact the company phone number listed in Realtor.com since the seller's number cannot be displayed per the rules of Realtor.com. If a company does not have the support of live people to answer phones, this means lost buyer leads for you. Before you sign up with any flat fee company, call them to make sure they actually answer their phones!
The ADDvantage Way…
Keith Gordon has been an active broker in Florida since 1984. He has been engaged in flat fee real estate for over 5 years and has always been in good standing with all Realtor® boards, National Association of Realtors®, Realtor.com & Homes.com memberships.
We are available by phone-LIVE-Mon-Thu 9AM-7PM, Fri 9AM-6PM, Sat 9AM-5PM, Sun 9AM-4PM!
Because we are experienced at what we do and have developed software to efficiently manage listings, we understand how to price our product in a way that gives you the level of service required to support you effectively.
ADDvantage is proud to set the benchmark
for other flat-fee listing companies in the following major areas:
MLS, Realtor.com, Homes.com, MSN, AOL, MonsterMoving, Wall Street Journal.com, Netscape, Homestore, Tampabay On-line, Trulia, Google Real Estate, Google adwords, Yahoo classified, Buyer'sKEY (coming soon) and many more.
At ADDvantage, you will not find yourself leaving a message on a recorder. And if on the off chance you do, you can be sure that you will be called back within minutes. We answer the phone 9AM-6PM 7 days a week.
While the seller's number is advertised in most cases, so is our broker's contact info. Invariably, we are called by buyers from Realtor.com, Realtors® that do not read the listing “call seller direct” and a host of other sources. We direct all buyer calls to you, the seller, in real time. Additionally, most of our programs come with our Lead Capture™ system whereby you will be notified by email when a sales lead calls or emails us. This also stores the leads in your account for easy retrieval.
State-of-the-art listing management software:
Our website has a sophisticated admin back-end for efficiently maintaining your listing and all changes. Additionally, we employ a full time web developer who spends his days improving the website and coming up with more ways to draw in buyer leads. To view the functions you will have as a user, click here.
©2006-2017 ADDvantage Real Estate
Powered by the ADDvantage Real Estate Network