Frequently Asked Questions
In an ADDvantage flat fee MLS listing, the seller doesn't pay a “listing commission”(which is typically 3%) because you(the seller) in essence become the “listing agent” for a flat fee. As well, with an ADDvantage flat fee MLS listing, if you are successful in finding a buyer for your property without the assistance of a real estate agent, then you would pay NO commission; just the ADDvantage flat fee. It's that simple.
- Pay online though Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- Pay online using PayPal
- Send a Check or Money-Order to:
ADDvantage® Real Estate Network
1515 Carillon Street, Holiday, FL 34691
It up to you to decide what the “buy side” co-broke commission will be. But it must be at least 1% higher than the customary 3% co-broke commission in order to qualify as a Street Smart ADDvantage® High Commission Properties property. To see how the math works out, check out our Interactive Table.
Keep in mind that because you are using our flat fee MLS service, you are already saving almost 3% on the listing side. A typical agent-transacted real estate sale would cost around 6% total. Because you save the 3% listing side (minus $349), you are able to dedicate more commission to the “buy side” where you really need it to get the Realtors® scrambling for you to bring you buyers. Also, as the Interactive Table demonstrates, your net can actually be GREATER when you offer more co-broke commission!
Click here to see how many Realtors® will be included in your area.
- Log on to your account and under MY ACCOUNT, simply go to listing status and change status to withdrawn
- Call for live help: 727-942-2929 or 1-877-232-9695
You may also want to consider ordering a CMA through ADDvantage for $50 in the Add Accessories section of MY ACCOUNT.
Extend the Listing Date: This type of extension involves adjusting the expiration date within the original listing in the MLS. The price to renew by this method is 30% off of the original listing price. The dis-ADDvantage of this type of renewal is that the listing in the MLS would reflect a high DOM (Days on Market). DOM is the number of days that your listing has been on the MLS system and this number is viewable by Realtors® in the listing.* In other words, if your listing was already on the market for the full listing period, your DOM would start very high and go higher. This may be viewed by Realtors® negatively and may not be to your advantage.
*This number is NOT reflected our site, Realtor.com or Homes.com.
Option #2 (recommended by ADDvantage)
Let Listing Expire and Re-enter Listing: This renewal is essentially a brand new listing. We will renter the listing in the MLS which will create a new MLS number and start the listing at “0” (Zero) DOM (days on market). The cost for this type of renewal is 20% off of the current program price. This is the recommended method of renewal. Many Realtors® have notifications set up for the MLS to inform them of the NEW listings. This brings your listing in front of them as a fresh listing.
Note: It may also be recommended to institute a new price on the listing at the time of renewal. If you need advice on this topic, feel free to contact ADDvantage. You may also want to consider ordering a CMA for $50 in the “Add Accessories” section of MY ACCOUNT as this will give you an idea of what other properties like yours are selling for in the current market.
- After 6 months (180 days), an MLS listing is old and stale. Having a listing on the MLS for say 220 days is detrimental to the seller
- ADDvantage takes an active roll in selling their homes by answering the phone 8:00am-8:00pm every day, marketing domestically and internationally…this costs money and we deliver
- List until you sell offers aren't worth much without support and besides, a brand new listing at ADDvantage is 20% off the original price
- 25 photos
- Full property description up to 2400 characters
- Virtual tour link and/or video link capability
- Open house schedule capability
- Scrolling (moving) text for the detailed page of the listing
- Priority (1st) position in the search results display
- Distinctive yellow banner with a headline up to 50 characters (gets searchers’ attention when scrolling through initial/summary search results)
- 4 photos
- General property data such as year built, subdivision, etc. instead of a property description
- No banner/headline, scrolling text, virtual tour/video or Openhouse schedule capabilities
Ex) Person does a search for properties listed between $350K and $400K in a certain zip code or city…results of search show Showcase properties starting at $350K up to $400K and then the basic listings follow, starting at $350K going up to $400K. A seller in the middle of the range (In this example, around $375K) who is not Showcase may not been seen by a searcher unless the searcher is aware of how these results are displayed because once the searcher reaches the threshold of their maximum price limit, they could stop going to future pages and may not realize that it begins again after the Showcase properties.
|# of Photos||Property Description||Virtual Tour Link Capability||Video Link Capability||Openhouse Schedule Capability||Banner with Headline||Scrolling Text||Position in search results|
|SHOWCASE||25||2400 Characters||YES||YES||YES||YES-50 CHARACTERS||YES||1st|
We charge an additional $49 for the Realtor.com Showcase, although it is included for free with several of our programs. See details.
Truth 1: The agent/Realtor® representing the buyer is the one who writes the sales contract every time (never the listing agent). There is no more work on the part of the agent representing the buyer making an offer to a flat fee MLS listed seller vs. a full service one.
Truth 2: The agent/Realtor® representing the buyer is a real estate professional. The unrepresented seller (flat fee listed) is typically not as knowledgeable about contracts and negotiations as a Realtor. Therefore, unrepresented sellers are typically at a dis-advantage when matched against a Realtor. If a seller feels over-matched, Professional ADDvantage™(a full representation service $499 plus ¾% at close ($1,500 min)) is available.
- ADDvantage's sign is unique, professional, bright orange, has our name on it, says nothing about flat fee and is free! You only pay only $14.99 for shipping. Note: You supply your own stand.
- Realtors® are turned off by FSBO signs because:
- Realtors® fear their Buyer will approach the Seller directly in an attempt to circumvent a commission.
- Realtors® drive up to a home with their clients and see a FSBO sign…immediately they assume the Seller is flat fee listed and that is not our message.
- When Realtors® drive by a FSBO sign they think no commission
(If I have chosen 3% commission when I signed up)
Be sure that you have correctly typed your username and password into the proper areas.
If problems still persist, you may be blocking cookies. Please be sure you are not blocking cookies from our site.
Call us…727-942-2929 or 1-877-232-9695 and we will be glad to assist you!